Lawrence J. Del Rossi defends and counsels clients on a variety of civil complex business disputes and on a full spectrum of employment matters.
A significant area of Larry’s practice includes defending clients in class and collective actions, whistleblower cases, and non-compete, trade secret and other restrictive covenant disputes, particularly in the staffing, medical, pharmaceutical, healthcare and biotech industries. He also works on large-scale data productions and other complex e-discovery issues.
With the goal of helping clients to eliminate or resolve litigation, Larry regularly provides practical advice to business leaders, human resource professionals, and internal legal and compliance professionals on a variety of employment issues, including federal and state wage and hour compliance, anti-discrimination and anti-harassment compliance, workplace privacy, layoffs and reductions in force, ADA/FMLA, individual employment terminations, independent contractor issues, handbooks and internal company policies, severance agreements and employment contracts. He takes a proactive and strategic approach to evaluating risks and in developing and promoting operational “best practices” regarding compliance with employment laws and resolution of legal disputes. He drafts and negotiates transactions involving executive compensation agreements, severance and separation agreements, waivers and releases, nondisclosure agreements, and indemnity agreements.
Larry is a frequent contributor to the firm's LaborSphere blog, which provides coverage and insights on breaking cases, recently enacted legislation and a broad range of employee benefits and labor issues. Larry's articles include the “The Restricting Covenant” series.
Larry joined Drinker Biddle following two one-year clerkships. He was a law clerk to the Chief Justice James R. Zazzali of the Supreme Court of New Jersey, and a law clerk to the Hon. Robert B. Kugler, U.S.D.J. He also was a summer intern for the Hon. Joseph H. Rodriguez, U.S.D.J. Through his clerkships, Larry sharpened his legal research and writing skills, which has served him well in obtaining numerous dismissals at the trial level, and in defending these victories at the appellate levels. In law school, Larry was a member of the Rutgers Law Journal and was a Teaching Assistant for the Legal Research & Writing program. He is a frequent speaker and writer on employment-related issues.
Larry and his wife are avid gardeners, and they enjoy time with their children at many of the Garden State’s beautiful arboretums, parks and hiking trails.
Representative matters include:
- Represented a global electronics company in a nationwide class and collective action brought under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a global pharmaceutical company in a multi-plaintiff ERISA Section 510 action filed in the U.S. District Court of New Jersey, and affirmed by the U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Served as lead counsel in injunction proceedings that achieved the dismissal of Lanham Act claims and ultimately achieved a favorable settlement on behalf of an employee.
- Second-chaired an injunction hearing and gained a favorable settlement on behalf of an employer that included entering ongoing restrictions on the defendant former-employees’ ability to compete or solicit customers.
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in a nationwide collective action brought by sales representatives under the FLSA.
- First-chaired jury trial and obtained unanimous defense “no cause” verdict in New Jersey on behalf of non-profit agency.
- Second-chaired trial in breach of contract action involving one of the nation’s leading bio-orthopedic companies.
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rutgers University School of Law - Camden, J.D., Rutgers Law Journal
- Rowan University, B.A., summa cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- NJ LEEP, attorney mentor
Larry's Areas of Focus
- Commercial Litigation
- Information Governance
- Information Privacy, Security and Governance
- Labor and Employment
- Counseling and Compliance Training
- Crisis Management
- Due Diligence and Audits
- Employment Litigation
- Restrictive Covenants and Unfair Competition
- Wage and Hour Class Actions
- Trade Secrets