John J. D’Andrea counsels hospitals, health systems, physician groups, ancillary service providers, specialty pharmacy providers and managed care organizations on a broad range of health care transactional and regulatory matters. He has worked as a health care transactional attorney for more than 25 years, and his experience includes mergers and acquisitions, health care joint ventures, managed care contracting and network development, Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute analysis, and compliance program and regulatory due diligence reviews. John has extensive experience in provider alignment, including physician recruitment and employment, joint ventures and other hospital-physician relationships.
John serves as a managing partner of the firm and is vice chair of the firm’s Health Care Practice Group.
- Has long-represented a large New Jersey health system in connection with a wide variety of transactional and regulatory matters. He serves as primary outside counsel on strategic transactions and regulatory issues.
- John represents a large, tax-exempt hospital system in North Carolina regarding transactional matters, regulatory counseling, strategic hospital transactions, and physician relationships and joint ventures.
- Represents a Colorado academic health system in a broad variety of corporate merger and acquisition transactions, physician relationships and general business and strategic counseling.
- Represented a 30-physician cardiology practice in an acquisition/employment transaction with a large mid-western academic medical center. The transaction included the negotiation of terms for the development and operation of a new cardiology program and heart hospital.
- John represented a large dermatology practice in a series of transactions with a for-profit practice management company, including an acquisition of the assets of the practice by the management company, and a long-term management agreement under which the management company will provide a full-service management solution for the practice.
- Has represented a large, preeminent academic medical center for more than 20 years, including with respect to physician employment and recruitment. He has participate in the acquisition/employment or recruitment of approximately 75 primary care physicians, cardiologists, general surgeons, orthopedic surgeons and ob/gyn physicians.
- Recently represented a large health system in the southeast in the buyout of four imaging center joint ventures.
- Helped a health system in the northeast negotiate a joint venture with a large retailer. The joint venture involves the development, management and operation of retail health clinics.
- Has represented many providers in merger and acquisition transactions involving outpatient dialysis clinics. He has recently represented a large health system in negotiating and structuring a joint venture with a for-profit dialysis provider. The joint venture will own and operate multiple outpatient dialysis clinics.
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New York
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 1990, cum laude
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 1987
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- American Health Lawyers Association