Jennifer T. Criss counsels clients in the areas of copyright, technology transactions, licensing, trademark and brand management, and unfair competition in industries including arts and entertainment, music, information technology and health care. Jennifer regularly drafts and negotiates a wide variety of software licenses, SaaS and cloud services agreements, outsourcing arrangements, joint development agreements, and website terms and conditions and privacy policies. Additionally, Jennifer performs intellectual property and information technology due diligence for financing and M&A transactions. Her litigation experience includes proceedings before the Copyright Royalty Board. She also drafts comments relating to copyright law for submission to the Copyright Office.
Jennifer is a member of the CLE Board of the ABA Section of Intellectual Property Law and serves as Chair of the Committee on Copyright & Social Media. Her speaking engagements and publications have addressed topics including online harassment, copyright fair use, and data privacy and cybersecurity.
Prior to joining the firm in 2008 as a paralegal for the Copyright Team, Jennifer obtained a Ph.D. in History of Art and taught art history at The George Washington University and American University. She is fluent in French.
William Penn Fellow, University of Pennsylvania
Chateaubriand Fellow, French Government
Fellow, Philadelphia Museum of Art
Fellow, The Phillips Collection, Washington, DC
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- District of Columbia
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude
- University of Pennsylvania, Ph.D., History of Art, 2007
- University of Pennsylvania, M.A., 2003
- Bowdoin College, A.B., 1998, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- American Bar Association, Section of Intellectual Property Law, CLE Board Member
- American Bar Association, Committee on Copyright & Social Media, Chair (2017); Vice-Chair (2015–2017); Subcommittee on Fair Use, Chair (2011–2015)
- American Bar Association, Committee on Copyright & New Technologies, Vice-Chair (2010–2011)
- Copyright Alliance
- Copyright Society of the USA