Robert Cannuscio is regularly recognized as one of the nation’s leading intellectual property lawyers. For over 25 years Rob has been a trusted legal advisor to clients across the nation and around the globe on their most sophisticated intellectual property matters, providing counsel on how to protect key technology, manage portfolios, investigate product names and designs, and use legal tools to address competitors in the marketplace. Rob’s multidisciplinary approach to IP strategy has matched the increasingly less siloed nature of client innovation, and spans patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and trade dress. He concentrates much of his practice on both domestic and foreign prosecution, opposition practice, litigation, technology licensing (including software licensing) and client counseling, but also has worked with large retailers on their branding initiatives and consumer product companies on packaging design, and has led teams on major transactions.
- Represented Legrand North America in its acquisition of Raritan, Inc.
- Represented Spectronics Corporation acquisition of H&I Manufacturing
- Represented Graham Partners in the acquisition of numerous portfolio companies
- Represented Urban Outfitters in acquisition of Vetri restaurants
- Represented Chelsea Building Products in patent litigation involving window frames
- Represented Urban Outfitters in various trademark enforcement actions worldwide
Chambers USA, Pennsylvania, Intellectual Property (2005-2019)
Best Lawyers®, Patent Law (2020)
Intellectual Asset Management’s World Leading Patent Practitioners (2015-2016)
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
Robert Cannuscio is an IP lawyer with many years' experience advising on the full range of matters, including patents, copyrights and trade secrets. Interviewees commend the technical expertise he brings to his practice.
– CHAMBERS USA (2019)
Robert Cannuscio is very experienced in handling patent and trademark portfolios for major retailers, technology companies and industrial manufacturers. Clients say: ‘He is thorough, extremely knowledgeable of both patent and trademark law, engaging and a delight to work with.’
– CHAMBERS USA (2018)
Robert Cannuscio is a highly regarded and well-rounded lawyer, with experience across patent and trademark work for both domestic and international clients. Particularly of note are his skills in portfolio management and he is currently handling the extensive trademark portfolio for Urban Outfitters.
– CHAMBERS USA (2017)
Robert Cannuscio ‘does an excellent job. He is very knowledgeable, very efficient and he responds quickly,’ according to sources. He recently represented Globus Medical in its IPO.
– CHAMBERS USA (2013)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., 1994
- Polytechnic Institute of New York, M.S.M.E., 1989
- Polytechnic Institute of New York, B.S.M.E., 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Armenian Bar Association (Past Board of Governors Trustee, Past Chairman)
- Philadelphia Intellectual Property Law Association (Past President)
- Benjamin Franklin Inn of Court (Past President)
- Pace University School of Law, Intellectual Property Law Society (Co-Founder)