Megan E. Cannella focuses her practice on estate planning, estate administration and probate litigation matters. She has experience drafting various estate planning instruments, including sophisticated wills, various trusts, durable powers of attorney and advance directives for health care. Megan counsels executors, administrators and beneficiaries on the administration and taxation of estates and advises trustees and trust beneficiaries on the administration and taxation of trusts.
Prior to joining Drinker Biddle, Megan was an associate at a boutique tax and estate law firm, where she focused her practice on estate planning and administration, tax controversies and estate litigation. Megan also served as a law clerk for the Honorable Clarkson S. Fischer, Jr., P.J.A.D., of the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division and interned for the Honorable Stuart Rabner, Chief Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court. During law school, she gained significant tax experience as an intern for both the Internal Revenue Service and a Big Four accounting firm.
- New Jersey
- New York
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Rutgers University, B.A., 2008, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- American Bar Association
- Community Foundation of New Jersey, Legal, Wealth & Tax Advisory Committee
- Estate Planning Council of Northern New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association