Marie Bussey-Garza litigates civil and criminal disputes for clients in a variety of industries. Marie also maintains an active pro bono practice, focusing primarily on working with survivors of commercial sexual exploitation, who often have complex legal needs.
While in law school, Marie interned for Senior Judge Michael M. Baylson of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Prior to law school, Marie acquired over fourteen years of business experience in wide-ranging industries, including information technology, winemaking, food service, health care, research, and higher education. Her roles included serving as president of an information technology consulting firm and as vice president and IT director of a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
She is proficient in Spanish.
Dorothy Day Award for Pro Bono Service, Villanova University
Herman Mitchell Schwartz Award, Villanova University
The Reverend Joseph Ullman Award, Villanova University
Dr. Arthur Clement Pulling Award, Villanova University
Finalist, Best Oralist, and Best Brief: Theodore L. Reimel Moot Court Competition, Villanova University
Villanova Law Dean’s Merit Award
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Villanova Law Review, Managing Editor of Tolle Lege
- California State University, Fresno, B.S.
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A.
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Villanova Women’s Law Caucus Mentor
- Philadelphia READS Volunteer