Ryan C. Brown litigates commercial disputes on behalf of product manufacturers, motor carrier and transportation companies, manufacturers of automobiles and related products, and contractors and subcontractors. He represents clients in both litigation and alternative dispute resolution at the state and federal levels.
Ryan has resolved cases involving a variety of claims, including mass tort and complex litigation in serious injury and death trials, business litigation, products liability, construction practices and a wide range of commercial cases.
- Obtained defense verdict as lead counsel in jury trial involving significant personal injuries in premises liability case.
- Obtained defense verdict as lead counsel in jury trial in defamation/libel lawsuit brought by former employee alleging inaccurate employment information was reported to national database used within the industry, resulting in directed verdict in favor of client.
- Lead trial counsel for transportation client in property damage and personal injury claims brought by another transportation company and its driver, resulting in favorable judgment for client.
- Defense of national landfill operator in wrongful death case, resulting in favorable settlement for client.
- Obtained verdict, including attorneys’ fees for client in breach of contract lawsuit against international storage facility involving significant property loss.
- Defense of national importer/distributor of pyrotechnic devices in case involving catastrophic injuries, resulting in favorable settlement for client.
- Defense of automobile manufacturer in nationwide class action lawsuits involving alleged product defects.
- Defense of national flooring product manufacturer in products liability lawsuit in multimillion dollar claim for damages, resulting in favorable settlement for client.
- Defense of international plumbing manufacturer in products liability lawsuit involving DTPA claims, resulting in dismissal of lawsuit.
- Represented hazardous cargo transportation client charged with causing an explosion and fire involving numerous claims of extensive property damage and personal injuries, resulting in favorable settlements for client.
- Represented national roofing system manufacturing company in $35M claim arising from partial collapse of the roof of a shopping mall located on the Gulf Coast during Hurricane Rita, resulting in favorable settlement for client on eve of trial.
- Defense of global bicycle manufacturer in multiple products liability lawsuits involving catastrophic injuries.
- Obtained summary judgment against several plaintiffs alleging property damage resulting from explosion of cargo tanker.
- Defense of national media company in multimillion dollar commercial dispute involving breach of contract claims.
- Developed policies and procedures and advised national distributor of petroleum products regarding proper loading, hauling, and unloading of hazardous materials in accordance with U.S. Department of Transportation regulations.
- Defense of automobile manufacturer in products liability cases involving catastrophic injuries and deaths.
- Prepare responses to audit inquiries on behalf of private and public entities.
- Defense of international social media website against misappropriation claims involving Communications Decency Act.
- Defense of fabric manufacturer in products liability lawsuit involving catastrophic burn injuries.
- Defense of numerous interstate motor carrier companies involving death and catastrophic injuries.
- Developed template contracts for international distributor of specialty and industrial chemicals for use in agreements with common carriers throughout the United States.
- Prepare, negotiate, and manage numerous settlement agreements against and on behalf of corporate entities for claims involving contract disputes, property loss, and personal injuries.
- Develop case themes and present arguments in several mock jury trials with jury consultants.
- Attended NITA trial academy, 2009.
- Serve as mentor to junior associates and summer associates.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2002
- Texas Tech University, B.A., 1997
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute, Trucking Law Committee
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- University of Houston Law Center, Phi Delta Phi