Steven H. Brogan represents insurers in litigation, regulatory compliance, claims administration, and coverage matters, with particular focus on life and long-term care insurance matters. Steve also assists life insurance and annuity companies on issues relating to stranger-originated life insurance transactions (STOLI) and the secondary market for life insurance.
Steve’s practice also focuses on information privacy and security issues, including in connection with Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, HIPAA, HITECH, state security breach notification acts and other laws. For example, Steve has assisted clients by developing and implementing privacy and security compliance plans and has counseled clients on data breach analysis and response.
Steven also advises clients in the financial services industry in regulatory and compliance matters, including issues relating to statutes of limitations debts, collectability, expired judgments, and FDCPA and CFPB compliance. Steve’s practice primarily focuses on insurance litigation, privacy and cyber liability compliance and consumer finance regulations.
During law school, Steve interned for Judge Renee Cohn Jubelirer, Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania, and the Honorable Kim R. Gibson, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- New Jersey
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 2014, summa cum laude, Penn State Law Review – Executive Articles Editor
- Villanova University, B.S., 2005
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- National Creditors Bar Association (NARCA)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)