Scott P. Brinkerhoff provides legal counsel to large corporations and addresses claim-handling issues for insurance companies, focusing his practice on insurance coverage, bad faith litigation and complex litigation matters. His experience includes appellate, product liability and extra-contractual and commercial insurance litigation.
Scott has successfully argued dispositive motions before trial and appellate courts in high-stakes matters—including multi-million dollar wrongful death cases—and has single-handedly litigated high-value cases from inception to favorable resolution in negotiated meditations.
Scott’s international experience includes working abroad for two years in South Korea as a church missionary. He is certified by the Korea Institute of Curriculum and Evaluation at a Level 3 of Korean Proficiency.
- Represents a large insurance carrier in cases involving first-party property insurance claims in Texas.
- Successfully tried a first-party property insurance case to a jury defense verdict.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2009, Science and Technology Review – Executive Editor
- Southern Methodist University, Cox School of Business, M.B.A., 2009
- Brigham Young University, B.S., 2005
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- J. Rueben Clark Law Society
- Dallas Bar Association