Amelia R. Brett advises private and public companies, private equity funds and their portfolio companies in a wide range of corporate transactions, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, entity formations, and associated corporate governance, as well as with day-to-day general corporate matters. Amelia also represents lenders and borrowers in banking and other finance transactions.
While in law school, Amelia participated in the Vis Moot training program sponsored by the Commercial Law Development Program of the U.S. Department of Commerce. The program trained law students from several Middle Eastern and North African schools in the areas of international commercial law and international arbitration.
- Represented the agent in connection with two senior secured credit facilities totaling $275 million for a company in the health care industry.
- Represented an international manufacturing client in connection with a $410 million secured credit facility, which included a $270 million term loan and a $140 million revolving credit line.
- New Jersey
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude, Journal of Law and Commerce – Lead Managing Editor, Order of the Coif, Order of the Barristers
- West Chester University, B.A., 2009, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- Waldorf School of Pittsburgh, Board Member
- Sisters Place, Board Member