Dorothy E. Bolinsky assists clients in complex commercial real estate transactions. She counsels clients in matters involving all aspects of real estate transactions including commercial leasing, acquisition, disposition, operations, development, construction, zoning and land use planning. Additionally, Dottie represents both borrowers and lenders in all types of real estate financing transactions such as construction loans, securitized financings, loan acquisitions and loan work-outs. Dottie is the partner in charge of the firm's Princeton office.
She is also experienced in business operations, particularly with regard to hotels and restaurants. She counsels clients with respect to transferring liquor licenses and has appeared before liquor licensing boards throughout New Jersey.
She counsels numerous clients in the project development phase, advises clients regarding appropriate entity formation and provides clients with creative solutions to complete these projects. Dottie advises clients in the formation of commercial condominiums. Her clients have developed office, retail, hotel, restaurant, residential, resort, industrial and warehouse facilities. For one unique historic hotel development project, she guided her client through the intricacies of the National Historic Preservation Act and the National Environmental Policy Act. Dottie also counsels hotel clients on all facets of hotel operational issues. Dottie focuses on pragmatic solutions to ensure that clients are able to implement their projects.
Before joining Drinker Biddle, Dottie clerked for The Hon. Michael Patrick King, Presiding Judge of the Appellate Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey. Prior to practicing law, Dottie held a number of positions with several national corporations as a manager of restaurant operations.
Dottie’s real estate experience includes the following representative matters:
- Represented a large Canadian financial institution in connection with a mortgage loan secured by the Meadowlands Race Track.
- Represented the lender in a $170 million financing of an integrated construction materials contractor involving 14 properties (mostly quarries) in several states.
- As local counsel, represented a global real estate private equity fund in connection to its acquisition of a variety of hotel property portfolios in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Represented a U.S. commercial bank in a $145 million financing of a privately owned company and a leader in the specialty or monolithic refractories industry. The financing involved 11 mortgaged properties in six states and Canada.
- Represented the developers of a $100 million sustainable mixed-use community in the Bahamas, including applications for HUD, ISLRP and inter-state registrations.
- Represented a regional banking corporation in connection with a $37.8 million refinancing involving two term loans, a line of credit, a construction loan, and the restructuring of existing debt secured by mortgages on five stores of a well-known New Jersey grocery chain. The transaction involved an interest rate swap.
- Represented a privately held spice company in its first-time purchase of an industrial building in Edison, NJ and associated financings.
- Act as outside general counsel to the owners/operators of a group of private boutique hotels in New Jersey, representing them on a variety of real estate and business matters, including financing, leasing and construction contracting.
- Act as outside lending counsel for various banks.
New Jersey’s Best 50 Women in Business, NJ Biz (2009)
40 Under Forty, New Jersey Law Journal (2007)
Selected as one of the 2006 Women of Influence in Real Estate, New Jersey Magazine
Young Lawyer of the Year, Mercer County Bar Association (2004)
Service to the Bar Award, New Jersey State Bar Association, Young Lawyer Division (2004)
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New Jersey
- Rutgers University School of Law - Camden, J.D., 1996, with high honors, Rutgers Law Journal
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S., 1991, magna cum laude
- Executive Women of New Jersey
- Mercer County Bar Association (Past President)
- Mercer County Bar Foundation (Past Trustee)
- New Jersey Hotel-Motel Association
- New Jersey State Association Real Property, Probate, Trust and Land Use Law Sections
- Princeton Bar Association
- Salt Shaker Foundation, Inc., Trustee