Matthew J. Adler represents clients across a broad range of industries, including health care, retail and telecommunications. He focuses his practice on complex commercial disputes, multi-state consumer class actions and product liability litigation. Matt has litigated cases in state and federal court, at both the trial and appellate level, and he is particularly skilled in pre-trial motion practice.
Matt spent three years as a member of the firm’s Associates Committee, and he is a regular contributor to Drinker Biddle’s Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”) Blog, which provides important news and insights concerning the TCPA.
Before joining Drinker Biddle, Matt spent two years as a staff attorney for the Supreme Court of California. While in law school, he served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Kathryn M. Werdegar, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of California.
- Defends clients facing claims of false advertising, fraud, breach of contract, unfair competition and violations of the TCPA.
- Defends major pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in cases involving allegations of negligence, fraud, failure to warn, design defect, and manufacturing defect.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 2010, magna cum laude, USF Law Review – Staff Member
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California