Jessica C. Abrahams, chair of the firm’s Government Contracts Team, offers U.S. and international clients comprehensive counsel on issues concerning litigation, compliance and transactions. Her clients span a variety of industries, from biodefense and health care to information technology, defense products and services, supply chain and infrastructure development. She regularly advises global government contractors, Indian nations, nonprofit organizations and small business owners on contracting best practices and risk mitigation techniques.
A trial lawyer with a proven track record, Jessica has represented clients in federal district and appellate courts, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the Boards of Contract Appeals, the Government Accountability Office, and various federal administrative tribunals, in matters that include bid protests, qui tam cases, and other complex litigation and related discovery proceedings. She has experience litigating complex matters relating to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism, and Foreign Ownership, Control or Influence factors. Jessica also assists clients with all aspects of federally funded health care programs, including Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare and the Federal Employees Health Benefits Act.
Jessica has represented clients with contracts and transactions in numerous industries and geographic regions, including Asia, Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa, and has significant experience with USAID contracts.
In addition to litigation matters, Jessica also counsels government contractors on a full range of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and all associated due diligence. She works with clients who are entering the federal marketplace, helping them to identify and obtain meaningful business opportunities and bringing to bear her understanding of the appropriations, legislative and regulatory processes, as well as her familiarity with the federal procurement process.
“Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year,” District of Columbia Bar (May 2000)
Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll (2011-2014)
Capital Pro Bono High Roller Honor Roll (2014)
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- District of Columbia
- Georgetown University, MALS, 2003
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 1990, Order of the Barristers
- Wellesley College, B.A., 1987, cum laude
- Universite de Provence (Aix Marseille I), Aix-en-Provence, France
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- American Bar Association, Public Contract Law Section
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- National Contract Management Association
- Children’s Law Center, Emeritus Board of Directors
- Advising Women Executives, Founding Member
- U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, co-chair Lawyers Committee