The Drinker Biddle Retirement Income Team brings together seasoned lawyers with diverse talents in multiple practice areas, including employee benefits, investment management, securities, insurance, income taxation and government relations, to provide one source to which financial services companies and plan sponsors can look for help in resolving complex legal issues that impact the design and sales of retirement income products and their selection for use in defined contribution plans.
This is our second newsletter, which addresses legal issues faced by retirement industry service providers — insurance companies, mutual funds, banks and trust companies, investment advisers, broker-dealers, third-party administrators and record-keepers — as well as by plan sponsors and fiduciaries. The newsletter contains articles on the following topics:
- ERISA Considerations in the Sale of Individual Annuity Contracts to Plans
- Insurance Companies Take Steps to Reduce Their Risks Under Guarantees in Outstanding Variable Contracts
- Applying the Qualified Joint and Survivor Annuity Requirements to GMWBs
- Proposed IRS Guidance Would Facilitate Partial Annuity Distributions from Pension Plans, but Raises Concerns for Some Plan Sponsors
- Projections of Retirement Income