Our alumni have forged diverse career paths and taken on interesting new adventures and personal challenges. They are thought leaders, industry experts, advisers, mentors, advocates, business executives, elected and appointed officials, and trusted professionals.
We are so proud of the contributions our alumni continue to make to the legal and business communities, grateful for the time they spent with the firm, and honored that so many have stayed in touch with the firm and each other.
Here are the latest news and moves from our alumni community over the past few months.
- Eric Kassab (Corporate associate; Philadelphia) joined Comcast as Counsel on August 21, 2017.
- Emily Gottlieb (Corporate Restructuring associate; Chicago) joined the JCC Chicago on August 21, 2017 as Regional Vice President, North Shore.
- Laura Householder (Corporate associate; Philadelphia) joined Johnson & Johnson as Senior Counsel, Business Development on August 14, 2017.
- Dottie Allison (Corporate associate; Philadelphia) joined Janney Montgomery Scott on August 7, 2017, as Investment Adviser Chief Compliance Officer.
- Brent Whitlock (Intellectual Property associate; Chicago) joined Invoke IP as a Patent Attorney in August 2017.
- Amy Frenzen (Products Liability associate; San Francisco) joined Nielsen Merksamer Parrinello Gross & Leoni, LLP as Attorney at Law.
- Jessica Rosenworcel (Government and Regulatory Affairs associate; Washington, D.C.) was reappointed for a second five-year term as a Commissioner with the Federal Communications Commission after a unanimous Senate vote on August 2, 2017.
- Doug Macpherson (Corporate associate; Philadelphia) was named General Counsel at TouchPoint Inc., a privately held diversified manufacturer in Glen Mills, PA, in August 2017.
- Chris Wilson (Government and Regulatory Affairs Government Affairs Specialist; Washington, D.C.) joined Amazon as Senior Manager, Public Policy – Internet Governance in July, 2017.
- Sandra Moser (Litigation associate; Philadelphia) was promoted to Acting Chief Fraud Section at the U.S. Department of Justice in July, 2017.
- Kerin Bischoff Clapp (Litigation associate; Philadelphia) has been appointed as a Visiting Assistant Professor at Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law. She is also a tutor and contributing writer for the Law School Toolbox.
- Barbara Buono Stanton (Litigation associate; Florham Park) was sworn in as a Superior Court Judge assigned to the criminal division in Passaic County, New Jersey on July 13, 2017. Governor Chris Christie nominated Barbara in May and the nomination was sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee, which then signed off the nomination, and went to the full Senate for a vote of confirmation.
- Hasan Ibrahim (Litigation associate; New York) was named Vice President and Chief Legal Officer for Prudential Advisors.
- Charles Cowan (Corporate counsel; London) joined Allied World Assurance Company and is now Assistant General Counsel, Head of Compliance and Company Secretary for the London branch and Lloyd’s syndicate.
- Mark Galdieri (Litigation associate; Florham Park) joined JPMorgan Chase & Co. as Vice President and Assistant General Counsel in July, 2017.
- Tonya Evans (Private Client associate; Philadelphia) will join the tenured faculty of the University of New Hampshire School of Law in the fall as a full-time Professor.
- Tom Salus (Corporate associate; Berwyn) was promoted to Deputy General Counsel – Global BD and Securities for Mylan in July, 2017.
- Michael Blaes (Corporate associate; Chicago) joined DSicovery | eDiscovery and Digital Forensics as a consultant. Michael specializes in early care assessment technologies and TAR2.0.
- Glenn W. Reed (Corporate partner; Chicago) retired from Vanguard at the end of July 2017. Glenn was the managing director of Vanguard’s Strategy Division. He served as Vanguard’s outside counsel for more than 20 years before joining the company in 2007 to oversee its finance division. In August 2017 he joined the Board of Directors of Old Republic International Corporation, one of the largest publicly held insurance organizations.
- On July 24, 2017, Aviva Reinfeld (Litigation associate; Philadelphia) and her husband Yoni Reinfeld welcomed twins, Meechal "Miki" Erica Reinfeld and Zev Joseph Reinfeld, to the world. Miki was 5 pounds, 15 ounces, and Zev was 5 pounds, 12 ounces.
- Tom A. Roberts (Litigation associate; Florham Park) joined Bressler, Amery & Ross as a Principal in the firm’s securities practice.
- Peter E. Meltzer (Corporate Restructuring associate; Philadelphia) released a new book, “So You Think You Know Rock and Roll,” in June 2017. The book takes the reader on an in-depth Q&A tour of the revolutionary decade of 1965-1975. Peter is the author of several other non-legal books including "The Thinker's Thesaurus: Sophisticated Synonyms for Common Words" (3rd ed.), “So You Think You Know Baseball?" and “So You Think You Know the Presidents?”
- Liz McCuskey (Litigation associate; Philadelphia) joined the Saint Louis University School of Law as a Visiting Professor in June 2017. Liz will be teaching courses on Health Care Finance and Food and Drug Law at SLU Law’s Center for Health Law Studies. She also currently serves on the Advisory Group to the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio and was recently awarded tenure at the University of Toledo College of Law, where she is the Co-Director of the school’s JD/MD and JD/MPH joint degrees and a director of the Health Law Program. Liz will return to the University of Toledo in the spring of 2018.
- Debora Plehn-Dujowich (Intellectual Property associate; Philadelphia) joined Saul Ewing in June 2017 as Special Counsel.
- Joe Mendoza, Jr. (Corporate associate; Chicago) was promoted to Supervisory Special Agent (SSA) at the FBI Headquarters, Counterterrorism Division at the end of May 2017.
- Julie Sterner Patel (Investment Management associate; Philadelphia) joined Franklin Templeton Investments as Corporate Counsel in late May 2017.
- Michael Phillips (Investment Management associate; Philadelphia) was named General Counsel and COO of Parker Infrastructure Partners in April 2017.
- Jane Johansen (Intellectual Property associate; Washington, D.C.) recently joined Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc., a global company that offers security technologies, both in the physical and digital spheres, as Legal Counsel. With around 11,300 employees across 32 countries, the corporate group develops, manufactures and distributes products and solutions for the safeguarding of payment processes, identities, connectivity and data.
- Eric Lopoten (Corporate associate; Philadelphia) is now Assistant General Counsel of Hajoca Corporation. Hajoca is the largest privately owned wholesale distributor of plumbing, HVAC and industrial products in North America. In his role, Eric oversees the daily legal affairs of the company, including corporate matters, real estate, intellectual property, acquisitions, employment, litigation and compliance.
Have you recently changed jobs, been promoted or honored with an award? Maybe you published a book or other work of authorship, got married or had a child or grandchild?
Share your accomplishments and any professional or personal news with your alumni community by emailing Abby.Raanan dbr.com. Send us your photos too, or tell us about another alumnus who might have an update to share so that we can contact them.