Philadelphia partner Beth Diffley was recently featured in The Legal Intelligencer’s 2016 “Top Women in Law” supplement.
The feature honors the “outstanding work being done by female attorneys across Pennsylvania who have had notable achievements in the last two years.” The attorneys recognized in this year’s listing were recommended by the legal community and The Legal Intelligencer’s staff.
As part of the feature supplement, Beth answered a series of questions about her life and career. Some highlights include:
- If she had pursued an alternative career path instead of becoming a lawyer, she would likely have become an educator and community leader like her parents.
- Among her role models and mentors, are people who work hard because they are passionate about their careers and feel privileged to do work they love every day. They also inspire her because they see creating new opportunities and lifting up others as points of pride in their careers.
- The best advice she has ever received is to trust your judgment and “don’t obsess about what you don’t know.”
- The legal profession can improve opportunities for women through a more disciplined and systematic manner to help develop all of their skills and client relationships, rather than rely on an ad hoc approach.
- Advice she would offer to someone dealing with a crisis is to recognize that asking for help demonstrates strength of character and good judgment.