Washington, D.C. partner Nate Bolin will moderate “What’s the Big Deal?: Investments Involving U.S. Companies with Foreign Parties” at the Industry Forum on International Technology Transfers, Cloud Computing & Deemed Export Compliance on February 7. The session will discuss topics related to U.S. companies and regulatory compliance in foreign investment and M&A, including:
- Assessing national security and CFIUS concerns that will have an impact on foreign investment and M&A.
- How to review the adequacy of their technology control plans.
- Tips for surveying their licenses and use of license exceptions for compliance.
- Considering their practices for hiring and vetting foreign nationals.
- Evaluating whether they have evaluated all of their technologies for export controls.
- What kind of export controlled activity, classified contracts, and defense contracts does the target company have.
Nate will be joined by Joseph Murray, Director of Global Compliance at Spirit Aerosystems, and Kathleen Dohmlo, Global Compliance Counsel at Dell.
To learn more and register, visit the American Conference Institute website.