Please join us on Thursday, October 18, 2018, for an exciting and important event to foster and promote diverse views and perspectives within the legal industry.
The event will include discussions of the following topics:
- An "Infrastructure-First" Approach to Diversity and Inclusion
- What’s Going On? Hot Topics in the Era of Trump
- Promoting Diversity in the Corporate World: Who, Why & How
Event details and speaker information are below.
Date: Thursday, October 18
Registration: 1:00 – 1:30 p.m.
Program: 1:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Cocktail Reception: 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Drinker Biddle | 1500 K Street N.W., Ste. 1100 | Washington, DC 20005
Everett Harper is the CEO and co-founder of Truss. Based in San Francisco, Truss builds software infrastructure and automation, and teaches modern engineering practices to help startups scale and enterprises and public agencies accelerate digital transformation. Notably, Truss was asked by the CTO of the United States to help fix Healthcare.gov. Truss is distinctive in Silicon Valley for its diverse founders and an engineering team that is 50 percent women.
Everett is a Forbes contributor on leadership and innovation, and has written for Fortune and Techcrunch on using network theory to recruit a diverse candidate pool. He has been a featured speaker at the Dent, Techstars, Women2.0, and Lean Startup conferences.
Everett graduated from Stanford University (MBA and M.Ed in Learning, Design and Technology) and Duke University (Biomedical & Electrical Engineering), where he was an A.B. Duke Scholar. Everett was also a starter on Duke’s NCAA National Championship soccer team, bringing home Duke’s first title in any sport. Everett lives in Oakland, Calif., making limoncello when life hands him lemons.
"What's Going On? Hot Topics in the Era of Trump" Panel:
- Bassima Alghussein, Managing Partner, Alghussein Global Strategies
- Rhonda Binda, Executive Director, Smart Regions Initiative
- Katherine Armstrong, Counsel, Drinker Biddle & Reath
- Nick Guzman, Associate, Drinker Biddle & Reath
- Moderator: Renato Perez, Associate, Drinker Biddle & Reath
"Promoting Diversity in the Corporate World" Panel:
- Endi Piper, Former Senior Vice-President, Business and Legal Affairs, TV One
- Puja Maharaj, Vice-President, Compliance Testing, Citi
- Angela Ball, Senior Counsel, Regulatory Affairs at NBCUniversal
- Moderator: Joie Hand, Associate, Drinker Biddle & Reath