We hosted broker-dealers on a conference call on June 6 to discuss Digging into the SEC’s Proposal for RIAs Regarding Investment Standards. On this call Fred Reish, Jim Lundy, Bruce Ashton and Andrew Raby discussed:
- The details of the SEC’s “Proposed Commission Interpretation Regarding Standard of Conduct for Investment Advisers” and what it may mean for RIAs and their compliance and supervisory functions.
- The likely impact on advice to ERISA retirement plans and IRAs.
- The SEC’s “Request for Comment on Enhancing Investment Adviser Regulation” and the potential impact of these enhancements if adopted.
- Form CRS for RIAs.
- What, if any, impact Reg BI may have on RIAs.
- A status report on the DOL and the states.
For background information on the SEC’s recent proposals in this area, please see our recent client alert “SEC Proposes Regulations to Reform Retail Investment Standard.”
Questions? Please contact liz.jutila dbr.com