Partner Laura Phillips moderated a panel at the Practising Law Institute’s 35th Annual Institute on Telecommunications Policy and Regulation titled “Hot Topics and Issues in Spectrum and Wireless Telecom Policy” on December 7-8, 2017. The seminar took place at the Washington Hilton in Washington, D.C.
The panel discussed:
- Progress on 5G wireless technologies and service and use cases
- Prospects for spectrum use and sharing
- US WRC 19 preparation and international spectrum allocation issues
- Wireless infrastructure and challenges to small cell and 5G deployment
- Repacking and other lessons from the broadcast incentive auction
- Wireless net neutrality issues
Laura was joined by other industry leaders including:
- Jonathan B. Sallet, Steptoe & Johnson LLP (co-moderator)
- Michael Calabrese, New America Foundation
- Jared Carlson, Ericsson Inc.
- Kathleen Ham, T-Mobile
- Umair Javed, FCC
- Ethan Lucarelli, Inmarsat