The Benefits & Breakfast roundtable presentations feature lawyers from our national Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Group discussing new and emerging issues.
Topic for the November Breakfast
This session covered issues that plan sponsors face as a result of the Department of Labor’s fiduciary rule. The presentation topics included:
- A practical discussion of why the DOL changed the definition of “fiduciary” investment advice;
- An explanation of whether, and under what circumstances, the rule may change your relationships with vendors;
- Specific relief for plan sponsor employees from being deemed advice fiduciaries;
- How the rule may affect your relationships with vendors who provide distribution and IRA rollover assistance to plan participants; and
- An explanation of additional disclosures you may have received, and requests to certify certain matters, from plan vendors.