The Benefits & Breakfast roundtable presentations feature lawyers from our national Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Group discussing new and emerging issues.
Topic for the June Breakfast:
Lawsuits alleging breaches of ERISA by fiduciaries of 401(k) and other retirement plans have increased in recent years, with no apparent end in sight. Many of these suits are based on similar issues and theories of liability, and in this session you will learn about some of the most common allegations that have been brought against plan sponsors and fiduciary committees. We will treat these suits as lessons to help attendees avoid the defendant’s chair.
- The need to monitor plan expenses and ensure their continuing reasonableness (and how to do it)
- Types and classes of investment options for different plan sizes
- Revenue sharing
- Dealing with underperforming investment funds
- Capital preservation investments, the importance of which is often overlooked
- Maintaining proper records