Partners Mike Byrne and Tom Dawson spoke at the InsiderTech New York 2017 conference on March 16. Tom hosted a panel titled, “Bridging the gap: managing the marriage of insurers and start-ups.” Mike hosted a panel titled, “The other 85%: Innovating beyond distribution cost.” Drinker Biddle was a primary sponsor of the event—Insurance Insider’s first InsurTech conference.
Insurance technology (InsurTech) in its many and varied guises is poised to radically alter the fabric of the (re)insurance industry. Having already brought radical change to the personal lines market, InsurTech is now being applied in the commercial lines arena, bringing new ideas that may well disrupt business models throughout the industry.
This conference shone a light on the potential of InsurTech to bridge the gulf between the traditional industry participants and entrepreneurs and innovators seeking to upend the business. Speakers featured leaders in the (re)insurance, technology and start-up worlds who discussed how the new and old worlds will co-exist, the challenges facing the industry, and how technology may change both insurance products themselves and how they are distributed.
Key topics included:
- Blockchain: cutting through the noise
- Bridging the gap: managing the marriage of insurers and start-ups
- The future of digital distribution
- Understanding Big Data
- The other 85%: Innovating beyond distribution costs
Mike and Tom were joined by other industry leaders including:
- Matteo Carbone, Top Global InsurTech Influencer & Thought Leader
- Ted Devine, CEO, Insureon
- Matt Miller, Founder & CEO, Embroker
- Keith Moore, CEO, CoverHound
- Martha Notaras, Partner, XL Innovate
- Jason Sahota, CEO, Charles Taylor InsureTech Limited
- Matt Streisfeld, Vice President, Oak HC/FT
Questions? Please contact Beatrice Boico at beatrice insuranceinsider.com or +44 (0)20 7397 0619.