The energy grid is one of the most complex and ambitious machines ever built. It now faces disruptive change as customers and communities seek new energy solutions to reduce cost and price volatility, increase resiliency and meet clean energy goals. Many states seek to promote change, while utilities search for new business models for a distributed energy future.
The 2015 Grass Roots Energy Summit features energy sector leaders who will explore how utilities can enable deployment of distributed resources to achieve customer goals while improving grid reliability through services from distributed resources.
Join Drinker Biddle’s Energy and Sustainability Team and the Microgrid Resources Coalition for an exclusive summit to explore how your organization can take advantage of these trends. Register now to reserve your seat at this invitation only event.
- Audrey Zibelman, Chair, New York State Public Service Commission
Panel One: What does the new Distributed Grid Look Like?
- Moderator: Chris Berendt, Drinker Biddle
- Jim Reilly, Reilly Associates
- Chris Bleuher, Schneider Electric
- Mike Webster, Icetec
Panel Two: Utility Business Models: Attracting Capital in the New World
- Moderator: Mike Schwartz, New Wave Energy
- Brent Alderfer, Community Energy
- Sergej Mahnovski, Con Edison (invited)
- Jay Worenklein, US Grid Company
- Julien Dumoulin-Smith, UBS
Panel Three: Utility/Private Partnerships: Risk Sharing, Regulation and Finance
- Moderator: C. Baird Brown, Drinker Biddle
- Ben Rogers, Broadscale Group
- Dirk van Ouwerkerk, Anbaric
- Kevin Warner, Emerald Cities
- Dr. Lou Hutchinson III, Washington Gas Light Company
Date: Tuesday, December 8, 2015
Registration: 11:30 a.m. – Noon
Program: Noon – 4:30 p.m. (lunch will be provided)
Reception: 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Location: Harvard Club of NYC, 35 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036