On September 16, Chicago partner Fatema Zanzi will moderate a live webinar for the American Health Lawyers Association titled, “Marijuana Applications in Pediatric Health Care.
The webinar will highlight the legal issues that pediatric health care providers face in relation to the use of marijuana in patient care, ethical dilemmas lawyers confront when advising on these legal issues, the current landscape of marijuana research in pediatric health care and how pediatric hospitals handle with developing and implementing policies and procedures dealing with the medical marijuana applications in pediatric patient care.
The learning objectives of this webinar are:
- Understanding the framework of federal and state laws regulating medical applications of marijuana and current enforcement policies;
- Understanding the current landscape of marijuana research in pediatric health care;
- How to advise pediatric health care providers on legal constraints in using marijuana in patient treatment plans;
- Understanding the legal ethical dilemmas in advising clients on federal and state marijuana laws and activities pursuant to those laws; and
- How to develop policies and procedures for marijuana for implementation by a pediatric hospital.