Washington D.C. partner Bob Stoll will join Gene Quinn of IP Watchdog in presenting a free webinar discussion on the future of software patents. With the first anniversary of the Alice v. CLS Bank Decision, the webinar will discuss the following:
- How can you identify “software patents” that likely will not be negatively impacted by the Supreme Court’s decision in Alice?
- Do the interim eligibility guidelines published by the USPTO provide any clues or insight into what applicants can and should do?
- What is “significantly more” than an abstract idea and how is that being evaluated by patent examiners and judges?
- How can you draft claims differently after Alice to help ensure patent eligibility?
- How do you respond to patent eligibility rejections based on Alice?
- Is it necessary (or desirable) for Congress to get involved to fix the statute? What would a legislative fix look like?
The webinar will be held on Thursday, May 28, 2014, at 12pm ET.