Four of our California-based Drinker Biddle lawyers from our California HR team provided a complimentary one-hour audiocast on the impact of mergers & acquisitions on employers both in and outside of California.
Mark E. Terman, Partner, Labor & Employment
Pascal Benyamini, Partner, Labor & Employment
Summer Conley, Counsel, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
Heather Abrigo, Counsel, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
Related topics discussed during the one-hour conference call included:
- Wage and hour compliance;
- Employee Classifications -- exempt vs. non-exempt and independent contractors;
- Integration of key policies such as vacation, personal days, sick pay and leaves of absence;
- Impact of asset sale vs. stock sale on transaction;
- Dealing with qualified plans in a merger;
- Impact on group health plans, including MEWA issues, COBRA and FSAs;
- Due Diligence requirements for both sellers and buyers; and
- Timing of terminating a 401(k) plan in the merger.
To listen to a recording of this call, please click here.