We defend companies and individuals against allegations of bid-rigging, price-fixing, market or customer allocation and other forms of alleged anticompetitive conduct. We have handled all phases of antitrust investigations and prosecutions conducted by authorities in the United States, Canada and the European Union.
Representative matters include:
- Represented companies at trial and on successful appeal when the government alleged bid-rigging on construction projects financed by the U.S. Agency for International Development. United States v. Anderson, et al. (D.D.C.)
- Conducted an internal investigation of alleged bid-rigging for a drilling services company and made voluntary disclosure to competition authorities in Europe.
- Secured declination of prosecution on behalf of an executive in an Antitrust Division price-fixing investigation of the helicopter transport services industry. (N.D. Tex.)
- Secured declination of prosecution on behalf of the former CEO of a joint venture in an Antitrust Division price-fixing investigation of the elastomers industry. (N.D. Cal.)
- Represented an airline executive in a Department of Justice (DOJ) investigation of pricing in the air cargo industry. (D.D.C.)
- Obtained declination of prosecution for European sales executives in an investigation of alleged conspiracy to fix prices and allocate customers in the vitamins industry. (N.D. Cal.)
- Defending a fluid metering and pump manufacturing company in relation to an investigation by DOJ of conduct of individuals and entities located in the United Kingdom and Israel.
- Defending a manufacturer of fire safety products in connection with an investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of North Carolina and DOJ of alleged anticompetitive behavior.
- Secured a non-prosecution agreement on behalf of a business unit of a publicly traded company under investigation by DOJ for having falsely certified that it was not paying commissions to an overseas broker as part of a federal program.
- Represented an energy trading fund in a market manipulation investigation by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.