Corporate venture programs drive innovation throughout the world. Our corporate venture and health care innovation team represents businesses and investors that are shaping the rapidly evolving health care landscape. We combine our intimate knowledge of health care regulatory issues with more than 15 years of experience representing corporate venture clients to build a solid legal foundation for innovative partnerships.
Our team represents clients at all stages of development, from small and mid-sized companies to some of the most notable names in the industry. We are experienced in both corporate venture transactions and operations, helping clients with strategic investments and supporting sustainable programs. We also provide guidance to companies considering establishing a corporate venture program by evaluating key market factors and strategic goals.
Operating as a part of a fully integrated national firm, our clients value our cross-practice approach to solving any legal challenge that may arise. We draw on experience from our nationally recognized health care, corporate, intellectual property, labor and employment, and government regulatory practices. We consider ourselves an extension of our clients’ partnerships and are dedicated to successful outcomes for our corporate venture clients.
A selection of our corporate venture and health care innovation clients and projects is available below:
- Merck Global Health Innovation Fund in multiple strategic investments, including investments in Navigating Cancer, Ayogo Health, CareSync, MedHelp, Remedy Informatics and WellDoc.
- Merck Global Health Innovation Fund in its acquisition of Physicians Interactive, a leading provider of direct to physician and health care professional marketing.
- AbbVie BioVentures multiple strategic investments, including investments in eFFECTOR Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company developing translation regulators for the treatment of cancer, and Alector, a biotech company focused on Alzheimer’s disease and other neurodegenerative disorders.
- ReSearch Pharmaceutical Services, a global next-generation clinical research organization, in its sale to Warburg Pincus.
- SysTech International, a leader in technology development and deployment for brand identification and tracking focused on the pharmaceutical industry, in connection with equity and debt financings, corporate governance, intellectual property, litigation and other general counsel services.
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, in connection with venture investments and restructuring transactions.
- Physicians Interactive, a leading provider of direct-to-physician and health care professional marketing, in connection with debt financings, corporate governance, strategic partnerships and other general counsel services.
- Inverness Graham, a private equity fund, in its acquisitions of TechDevice Corporation, MP&E and Advanced Cath, manufacturers of components for medical devices.
- Pipeline Biomedical Holdings, Inc. in the sale of substantially all of its orthopedic medical device business to MAKO Surgical Corp.
- Inverness Graham Investments, a private equity firm, in its sale of TechDevice Holdings, a Minnesota-based catheter company to a subsidiary of TE Connectivity.
- Symphony Health Solutions, a leader in health care data and analytics, in connection with debt financing, a spin-off transaction, corporate governance matters and HR-related matters.
- Tigerlabs Ventures, a digital health care-focused venture fund and accelerator, in connection with fund formation, investment matters and other general counsel services.
- InfoLogix, Inc., a provider of enterprise mobility solutions for the health care and commercial industries, in its sale to Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
- Connexin Software, the developer of the Office Practicum software product for pediatrician offices, in connection with an investment in Connexin by Bluff Point Associates.
- LLR Partners, a private equity fund, in its growth capital investments in IOD Incorporated, a health care information and service company, and Orbis Education, a health care education company.