Drinker Biddle’s national private equity and M&A practice has the experience to handle large, sophisticated domestic and multinational transactions, as well as the rate structure and flexibility to handle smaller transactions. Over the last three years, we have helped clients successfully close more than 220 deals with an aggregate transaction value of more than $30 billion.
Our dedicated M&A team, composed of over 75 lawyers, represents private equity funds and corporate acquirers and sellers in complex transactions across a wide range of industries, with particular experience in insurance, manufacturing, industrials, transportation and logistics, communications and media, consumer and retail, health care, life sciences, education, financial services and information technology.
The core of our practice is focused on the middle market, where we regularly act as problem solvers and strategic partners to our clients. We serve funds, investors and portfolio companies throughout the life cycles of private investments—from formation, through minority and control investments, platform and follow-on acquisitions, recapitalizations and restructurings, and ultimately to dispositions and distributions of exit proceeds. We have a depth and breadth of experience to efficiently address the myriad issues that arise before, during and after transactions.
Representative Private Equity Transactions
Graham Partners in the acquisition and disposition of multiple portfolio companies and in connection with portfolio company add-on acquisitions and recapitalizations, including:
- The sale of portfolio company Comar Holding Company, a specialty rigid-plastic solutions provider, to Morgan Stanley Capital Partners (we previously represented Comar in the strategic add-on acquisitions of ProPlas Technologies and West Bend Plastics).
- The sale of Chelsea Building Products, a leading designer and manufacturer of customized engineered profiles used in PVC windows, doors, molding and other specialty building products.
- The sale of Exteria Building Products, a manufacturer of composite siding and replica masonry items.
- The add-on acquisition, by its portfolio company Desser Tire & Rubber, of two related entities, one an FAA repair station and the other a producer and distributor of PMA parts servicing the domestic and international aerospace industry.
Milestone Partners in the acquisition and disposition of multiple portfolio companies and in connection with portfolio company add-on acquisitions and recapitalizations, including:
- The $360 million sale of portfolio company Precision Partners Holding Company, a leading provider of engineering, tooling, and hot and cold stamped products in North America, to AK Steel (we previously represented the portfolio company in its strategic add-on acquisition of Fleetwood Metal Industries, Inc., a Windsor, Ontario–based provider of complex metal stampings, assemblies and tooling to automotive OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers).
- The sale of Avure Food Processing, a division of Avure Technologies, to JBT Corporation, a global technology solutions provider to high-value segments of the food and beverage industry.
- The sale of Quintus Technologies AB, a global leader in high-pressure technology, to Kobe Steel, Ltd.
Guardian Capital Partners in the acquisition and disposition of multiple portfolio companies and in connection with portfolio company add-on acquisitions, including:
- A strategic add-on acquisition, by its portfolio company Engineered Network Systems, LLC, of Tailwind Solutions Ltd., a company that designs, manufactures, markets, and sells mounting solutions for point-of-sale technology
- The acquisition of SMG Extol, LLC (d/b/a Direct Line), an international provider of design, installation and maintenance services for a vast array of data center IT infrastructure and connectivity requirements
Inverness Graham Investments in the acquisition and disposition of multiple portfolio companies and in connection with portfolio company add-on acquisitions and recapitalizations, including:
- The acquisition of Corsica Technologies, a globally recognized leader in IT Services, and in Corsica’s subsequent add-on acquisition of EDTS Cyber, a provider of security services, and its sister company EDTS, a leading IT service provider.
- The acquisition of Global Tracking Communications, Inc. (d/b/a GPSTrackIt), a leading provider of SaaS-based asset tracking and fleet management solutions across North America, and in the portfolio company’s subsequent strategic add-on acquisitions of Tracking Solutions Corp., InTouch GPS, LLC, and Fleet Trax, Inc.
- The sale of portfolio company, Spirion, LLC, a company that develops and provides software that identifies, classifies, monitors, and protects sensitive data, to an affiliate of The Riverside Company.
- The sale of Global ID Group, a market-leading food safety and testing company headquartered in Fairfield, Iowa, with additional facilities in Europe and South America, to a private equity firm.
- The sale of Danville Materials, LLC, a manufacturer of restorative consumables and small equipment for the dental market, to ZEST Anchors, a private equity–backed company.
- The sale of Mesker Openings Group, a company that manufactures and distributes commercial doors and hardware, to dormakaba, a leading company in the global market for access and security solutions.
Striker Partners in the acquisition and disposition of multiple portfolio companies and in connection with portfolio company add-on acquisitions and recapitalizations, including:
- The sale of Lone Star Urgent Care Managers, LLC, a pediatric urgent care company based in San Antonio, Texas
- An add-on acquisition, by its portfolio company Professional Credential Services, Inc., of Drohan Management Group, Inc., an association and professional society management company
- The acquisition of a majority interest in FleetLogix, Inc., a premier provider of managed labor services to the transportation industry, and Fleet Analytix, LLC, a wireless solutions provider
TRP Capital, a private equity firm focused on the transportation and logistics sector, in:
- The acquisition of Genox Transportation, Inc., and its sister company Genox West Transportation, LLC, Texas-based industrial gas transportation companies.
- The acquisition of Quality Liaison Services of North America, Inc., an automotive supply consultant.
- The sale of Versant Supply Chain, Inc., a logistics provider.
Eureka Equity Partners (formerly known as Eureka Growth Capital) in its acquisition of Merit Service Solutions, a provider of landscaping, snow removal and other facility-maintenance services and in an add-on acquisition for that business.
PeakEquity Partners, a private equity firm focused on enterprise software and solutions companies, in its acquisitions of EnterpriseDB and G5 Search Marketing.
Questor Partners in the sale of portfolio company Polar Corporation to American Industrial Partners.
Oak Lane Partners in its acquisition of a transportation and logistics company.
Named Among Top Three Best Corporate Practices in PennsylvaniaTHE LEGAL INTELLIGENCER BEST LAW FIRM CORPORATE PRACTICES 2015
Sources say the group is 'excellent technically and, from a customer service perspective, goes above and beyond.'
They take a very pragmatic view on things and keep a big picture in mind.