Our experienced Mergers and Acquisitions lawyers regularly represent corporate acquirers and sellers, as well as private equity firms and other financial sponsors, in complex transactions across a broad range of industries.
In the last two years, our national M&A team successfully closed more than 145 transactions with an aggregate value of more than $15.5 billion. Our team regularly handles all types of M&A transactions, including stock and asset acquisitions, tender offers, mergers, joint ventures, leveraged buyouts, spin-offs, recapitalizations, structured auctions and roll-ups. We focus on our clients’ strategic objectives and business goals in order to devise transactions tailored to their specific needs.
With experience representing both private and public companies, we work closely with our colleagues in other practice areas such as tax, corporate governance, antitrust, corporate finance, private equity and securities, to structure and negotiate transactions efficiently.
A selection of our recent M&A transactions includes:
- Cott Corporation, a publicly traded food and beverage manufacturer, in its $1.25 billion acquisition of DS Service Holdings, Inc., a leading national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services.
- Ansell Ltd., a global leader in protection solutions, in the $615 million acquisition of BarrierSafe Solutions International, a leading provider of single-use gloves, from Odyssey Investment Partners.
- Enstar Group Limited, a Bermuda-based insurer, in multiple acquisitions, including the $218 million acquisition of Companion Property and Casualty Insurance Company, the $252 million acquisition of SeaBright Holdings, Inc. and the $181 million acquisition of Household Life Insurance Company of Delaware and HSBC Insurance Company of Delaware.
- Ironshore Inc. in the $2.2 billion acquisition of the company by Shanghai-based investment group Fosun International Ltd. (U.S. and non-U.S. regulatory advice).
- LearningExpress, an education technology company, in its sale to EBSCO Publishing, a leading discovery service provider for libraries.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals, a global specialty pharmaceutical company, in the sale of its branded pharmaceutical drug discovery platform to AsanaBioSciences, LLC, a chemical and biological research development company.
- Hamilton Lane, a private markets investment company, in the sale of limited partnership interests in 32 separate investments funds to a competitor.
- Penske Logistics, a global provider of supply chain management and logistics services, in its acquisition of Transfreight North America, a provider of third-party logistics and supply chain solutions, from Mitsui & Co.
- Comcast Corporation and its affiliates, including NBCUniversal and The Golf Channel, in multiple strategic investments and acquisitions, including Vox Media, This Technology, Visible World, Movies.com, Vehix.com, GolfNow.com, FEARnet, and Sprout.
- Nightvision Holdings, a privately-held holding company that provides engineering, analysis and related services and solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense and intelligence community, in the acquisition of Design Net Engineering.
- Lieberman Research Worldwide, a provider of consultative market research, data analytics, and data collection services, in the sale of the company to private equity firm Tailwind Capital Partners.
An Overview of Middle Market Transactions Advised on by the Firm
Named Among Top Three Best Corporate Practices in PennsylvaniaTHE LEGAL INTELLIGENCER BEST LAW FIRM CORPORATE PRACTICES 2015