Drinker Biddle is a national, full-service law firm providing litigation, regulatory and business solutions to public and private corporations, multinational Fortune 100 companies and start-ups. Since 1849, we have built a reputation for outstanding legal results and a sophisticated, forward-thinking approach to every client engagement.
Our more than 600 lawyers across 12 offices combine a comprehensive range of legal services with significant national roles in industries, including—but not limited to— education, financial services, health care, insurance, pharma and life sciences, and retail. Through deep industry knowledge and a commitment to excellence, clients can rely on us to deliver the counsel and insight needed to win complex class actions, close billion-dollar transactions and stay ahead of ever-changing regulations.
Our firm, lawyers and practice groups are routinely recognized for their results, client service and pro bono efforts. Among our recent recognitions:
- Chambers USA recognized 66 lawyers and 31 practice areas as leaders in their fields in 2017.
- Recognized by Working Mother as one of the “50 Best Law Firms for Women” in 2017, 2015, 2014, 2011 and 2009.
- Selected as the 2017 recipient of the Philadelphia Bar Foundation’s Pro Bono Award, a prestigious honor recognizing one firm that “performs outstanding volunteer efforts in providing legal services to those in need”.
- Chosen as the 2018 recipient of the Promotion of Women in the Law Award from the Pennsylvania Bar Association Commission on Women in the Profession.
- Selected to the BTI Client Service A-Team, an honor bestowed on firms delivering best-in-class levels of service in activities clients consider most important and most influential in a law firm relationship.
- Named insurance “Law Firm of the Year” for two consecutive years by international industry-leading publication Reactions.
A description of the selection process methodologies for the awards referenced here and throughout our website is available here: Awards Methodologies
We believe that by reflecting the composition and attributes of our clients and communities, we are better equipped to understand their needs and objectives. One of our firm’s core values is to cultivate an inclusive culture.
Our diversity initiatives are designed to: 1) foster mutual professional and personal respect; 2) create an environment in which individual contributions are valued and where biases based on race, gender, sexual orientation, or any other category do not exist; and 3) attract the best and brightest legal talent from all backgrounds.
From its founding in 1849 to our present-day status as a leading law firm with a national footprint, Drinker Biddle has demonstrated a sustained commitment to excellence in the practice of law, public service and a civil society. Our practice and character are deeply rooted in the firm's history, as exemplified in these historical profiles of our lawyers and services.
Pro bono is part of who we are and what we do, every day. We encourage our attorneys to take up the matters and causes that interest them—our pro bono work is as varied as our people.
In 2015, we devoted 22,000 hours to pro bono work, from counseling services to courtroom advocacy. We work for causes that call out for the skilled advocacy that only the best lawyers can provide.
We are deeply committed to attracting, retaining and advancing women in the firm. As part of our efforts to achieve this goal, we have a vibrant Women’s Leadership Committee that has the full support of the firm and senior leadership to spearhead sustained and ongoing programs to foster the development of great women lawyers.