Michael C. Woodruff has significant experience with a wide variety of real estate matters, including transactional work, land use and development approvals. He represents a broad spectrum of clients in the acquisition and disposition of commercial real estate, ranging from large, sophisticated real estate investment funds to investors and companies acquiring or selling property for the operation of their businesses. Michael is vice-chair of the firm’s Real Estate Group.
Michael has significant experience in all matters related to the acquisition of real estate, including financing, like-kind exchanges and environmental issues. Michael regularly represents clients in the creation and administration of sophisticated commercial condominium regimes.
Michael routinely represents landlords and tenants in all aspects of lease transactions. His experience includes office, warehouse, retail and ground lease transactions, as well as build-to-suit leases. He represents landlords and tenants in connection with ancillary lease-related matters, including leasehold financing, subordination transactions and lien waiver issues.
- Represented landlord in the negotiation of a 750,000 square foot warehouse lease.
- Represented purchaser in connection with the purchase and financing of a portfolio of 27 office and light industrial properties.
- Represented developer in connection with the acquisition and assemblage of more than 150 acres of land and the simultaneous subdivision and sale of a portion of the property to be developed as a nationwide distribution facility.
- Represented purchaser in the acquisition, redevelopment and leasing of 15 building corporate campus, including imposition and administration of a commercial condominium regime.
- Represented investor in negotiation and implementation of a joint venture agreement relating to the acquisition and financing of a retail center.
- Represented developer in connection with the ground lease and construction of 350 unit residential project on the campus of a public university.
- Represent public charter school operator in connection with the acquisition, financing and leasing of numerous properties for use as public charter schools.
The Biomet and Ferring Pharmaceuticals headquarters relocation, which Michael handled, was recognized as the Creative Deal of the Year in 2013 by The New Jersey Chapter of the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties.
- New Jersey
- New York
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., 1999, Maryland Law Review
- Ursinus College, B.S., 1996
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association