James J. Williamson, II represents institutional and individual clients in white collar, appellate, and complex commercial litigation matters. J.J. has represented clients in investigations before the Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as state-level investigative agencies. He also has experience in conducting internal investigations. J.J.’s commercial litigation experience extends to a variety of industries, including pharmaceuticals, financial services, commodities, and securities. He also represents clients in alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
J.J. maintains an active pro bono practice, representing clients in cases involving challenges under the Freedom of Information Act, veterans’ claims, prisoner treatment claims, and homeless advocacy matters.
After law school, J.J. served as a law clerk to the Hon. William H. Yohn, Jr., for the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Prior to attending law school, J.J. was a member of the U.S. Army. He served in both Iraq and Afghanistan, and was a Commanding Officer of a Special Forces (Green Beret) Detachment.
Daniel F. O’Dea Fellow, Villanova University School of Law
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New Jersey
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Villanova Law Review - Editor in Chief
- United States Military Academy at West Point, B.S.
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Villanova Law School, NovUs Alumni Group, Board of Advisors
- Federal Bar Association – Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Membership Chair