Krissa Webb assists health care systems, hospitals, and life sciences companies on a variety of corporate transactions and regulatory compliance matters, including fraud and abuse risks and patient privacy issues arising under HIPAA/HITECH. She also advises a number of clients in the life sciences industries on the implications of U.S. and international privacy regulations for strategic business initiatives and partnerships.
- Assists numerous hospitals or business associate vendors in negotiating business associate agreements for compliance with HIPAA and the HITECH Act.
- Provides ongoing support and advice to global pharmaceutical company on risks of various vendor relationships under global privacy laws.
- Provided privacy regulatory review of target health information technology and patient engagement companies for global pharmaceutical company’s health innovation acquisitions.
- Advised regional health care system on implementing written agreements for medical staff stipend payments.
- Assisted multi-regional health care system on contracting with physicians and vendors, including major software and revenue cycle service providers.
- Advised medical device company on best practices in credentialing for health care facility access.
- Drafted foundational agreements structuring relationships for a new physician joint venture.
- District of Columbia
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2013, cum laude
- The King’s College, B.A., 2009
- American Health Lawyers Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers