Jaime D. Walter has litigated cases in the trial and appellate levels in state and federal courts across the nation. Jaime has represented defendants in single-plaintiff actions, class actions and coordinated proceedings, and she has extensive experience managing all aspects of pre-trial work-up, such as investigations, motion practice, expert retention and workup, taking and defending depositions, written discovery, and appearing in court. She has served in both national counsel and local counsel roles.
Jaime represents employers in all aspects of employment litigation, including defending employers against claims of harassment, retaliation, discrimination and wrongful termination as well as wage-and-hour class actions.
While attending law school, Jaime served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Kathryn M. Werdegar of the Supreme Court of California.
Jaime has obtained numerous favorable outcomes for our clients. Her accomplishments include prevailing on motions for class certification, summary judgment, for judgment on the pleadings, to exclude expert testimony, and for costs; assisting a trial team that obtained a defense verdict following a three-week trial; obtaining various procedural victories, such as prevailing on contested removals to federal court and defeating attempts to remand coordinated actions to their originating courts; and settling actions for nuisance value.
Broadly speaking, Jaime’s experience includes the following:
- Defending publicly traded companies in putative wage-and-hour class actions and California Private Attorneys’ General Act representative actions from investigation through class certification briefing or settlement.
- Representing employers named in retaliation, defamation, wrongful termination, and discrimination lawsuits.
- Counseling employers regarding employment law compliance.
CALI Award for Excellence in Labor & Employment Seminar
CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Research, Writing, & Analysis
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 2011, magna cum laude, USF Law Review
- Arizona State University, B.S., 2005, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco