Steven M. Wagner counsels clients on corporate trust matters for financial institutions, including trust indentures, escrow and agency relationships. His negotiates new trust indenture, escrow and agency agreements and services for extraordinary events for existing relationships, including regulatory and compliance matters, and bankruptcy and restructurings. Steve has extensive experience dealing with all aspects of the corporate trust, escrow and agency business.
Steve was previously vice president and assistant general counsel with J.P. Morgan Trust Company, National Association and senior counsel with Bank One Corporation. His background in the banking industry gives him a unique perspective and makes him an asset to the corporate restructuring practice.
Steve has served on several projects related to corporate trust matters for the American Bar Association and the American Bankers Association, and he has presented to clients and industry groups on various corporate trust topics.
Some of Steve’s publications include:
- American Bar Association, Committee on Trust Indentures and Indenture Trustees, Revised Model Simplified Indenture, 55 The Business Lawyer 1115 (2000).
- American Bar Association, Committee on Trust Indentures and Indenture Trustees, Model Negotiated Covenants and Related Definitions, 61 The Business Lawyer 1439 (2006).
- Trustee Implied ‘Ministerial’ Duties Must Never Include Obligor Duties, December 2008.
- American Bar Association, Committee on Trust Indentures and Indenture Trustees, Annotated Trust Indenture Act, 67 The Business Lawyer 977 (2012).
- John Marshall Law School, J.D., 1979, with distinction
- Eastern Illinois University, B.A., 1976
- American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, Committee on Trust Indentures and Indenture Trustees
- American Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Working in the Schools