Kenneth M. Vorrasi represents clients in complex litigation in federal and state court, government investigations and before federal antitrust agencies to obtain clearance of mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures. He is co-chair of the Antitrust Team.
Ken dedicates his practice to antitrust and complex commercial litigation. His antitrust practice focuses on private litigation, class actions, and merger and conduct investigations brought by the DOJ, FTC, and state enforcement authorities.
Ken litigates merger cases brought by the FTC and DOJ to enjoin transactions. Most recently, Ken helped lead a trial team on behalf of Advocate Health Care in the FTC's attempt to block the largest-ever Chicago-area hospital merger (FTC v. Advocate Health Care Network et al. (N.D. Ill.), a case that Law360 named one of the “The Biggest Competition Cases of 2016.”
He also counsels clients on a broad range of antitrust issues including competitor collaborations and joint ventures, information exchanges and pre-closing conduct, HSR compliance, and pricing and distribution strategies.
Ken advises clients in a variety of industries, including health care, pharmaceutical, and technology. In health care, for example, Ken regularly works with hospitals and health systems to obtain antitrust clearance of strategic transactions and has shepherded clients through their responses to “second request” investigations and civil investigative demands before the FTC and DOJ.
“Top 40 Under 40,” Trending 40 (2016)
“30 Under 30,” Legal Bisnow (2008)
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
Ken has been named as one of D.C.'s "Top 40 Lawyers Under 40."
Recipients of this recognition "have distinguished themselves in their firms and companies with exceptional performance and potential."Trending 40
Ken has been listed on Benchmark Litigation's "Under 40 Hot List" for 2017.
The list honors "the most promising emerging talent" who are 40 years or younger.Benchmark Litigation
- District of Columbia
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2004, cum laude, Journal of Legislation – Executive Articles Editor
- Cornell University, B.S., 2001
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- American Bar Association, Antitrust and Litigation Sections
- ABA Antitrust Section, Federal Civil Enforcement Committee and Program’s Committee, Past Vice Chair
- American Hospital Lawyers Association