Robert M. Vinci handles a wide variety of complex litigation matters for clients in state and federal courts throughout the country, including issues of insurance coverage, products liability and professional liability. He is vice chair of the firm’s Insurance Coverage Practice Group.
In addition to general commercial, products liability and professional liability litigation, his practice concentrates on insurance coverage matters, including litigation of insurance coverage disputes and extra-contractual liability claims. Rob has served as national counsel to a major global insurer in disputes across the country arising out of sexual abuse claims against religious and other allegedly responsible entities. He has litigated coverage issues raised in connection with such claims in courts throughout the country and has successfully resolved hundreds of others through mediation. He has also counseled clients on efforts to enact legislation to repeal or alter the statute of limitations applicable to abuse claims and has provided advice in connection with policy drafting and underwriting issues relating to claims of that nature, among others.
Rob joined the firm in 1995 after serving as law clerk the Hon. Wilfred P. Diana, Assignment Judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey and Presiding Judge, Chancery Division. He is Chair of the District X Ethics Committee. Rob was appointed to the committee in 2006 by the New Jersey Supreme Court and charged with investigating ethics complaints against attorneys.
Robert has represented clients in complex litigation matters in state and federal courts around the country. Among his representative matters are:
- Fetisov, et al. v. Vigilant Ins. Co., et al., 2006 WL 2051116 (N.J. Super., App. Div., July 25, 2006);
- Connell, Foley & Geiser, LLP v. Israel Travel Advisory Services, Inc., 377 N.J. Super. 350 (App. Div. 2005);
- Exxon Research and Engineering Co. v. Industrial Risk Insurers, 341 N.J. Super. 489 (App. Div. 2001);
- Cellular Telephone Co. v. Board of Adjustment of Paramus, 37 F. Supp. 2d 638 (D.N.J. 1999);
- New York Life Insurance Co. v. Travelers Ins. Co., 92 F.3d 336 (5th Cir. 1996).
- St. Paul Guardian Ins. Co. v. Leopold, 14-4519-cv, UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE SECOND CIRCUIT, 622 Fed. Appx. 27; 2015 U.S. App. LEXIS 19959, November 18, 2015,
- Jackson v. Chubb Corp., No. 01-2133, UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE THIRD CIRCUIT, 45 Fed. Appx. 163; 2002 U.S. App. LEXIS 24702, June 5, 2002,
- Liberty Life Ins. Co. v. Travelers Indem. Co., No. 98-1674, UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE FOURTH CIRCUIT, 1999 U.S. App. LEXIS 13796, May 5, 1999,
- Travelers Cas. & Sur. Co. v. Roman Catholic Bishop of Helena, CV 12-104-H-CCL, UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF MONTANA, HELENA DIVISION, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 42022, March 22, 2013, Decided, March 22, 2013
- United States Fid. & Guar. Co. v. Roman Catholic Diocese of Burlington, Vt., Inc., File No. 1:11-CV-168, UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF VERMONT, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 16697, February 10, 2012, Decided, February 10, 2012
- Becker v. Farmington Cas. Co., CIVIL ACTION NO. 1:08-CV-2228, UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE MIDDLE DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA, 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 73902, July 22, 2010, Decided
- Ohio Cas. Ins. Co. v. RLI Ins. Co., 1:04CV483 , UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE MIDDLE DISTRICT OF NORTH CAROLINA, 2005 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 24124, October 12, 2005, Decided
- Cellular Tel. Co. v. Zoning Bd. of Adjustment, 97-Civ.-3207 (WGB), UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF NEW JERSEY, 90 F. Supp. 2d 557; 2000 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 4427, April 6, 2000
- Filenet Corp. v. Chubb Corp., A-3036-97T5 , SUPERIOR COURT OF NEW JERSEY, APPELLATE DIVISION, 324 N.J. Super. 419; 735 A.2d 1170; 1999 N.J. Super. LEXIS 307, May 18, 1999, Argued , July 9, 1999, Decided
- New Jersey
- Rutgers University School of Law - Camden, J.D., 1994
- Rutgers University, B.A., 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania