Rebecca L. Trela represents major pharmaceutical and medical device companies in complex civil litigation, including mass tort and single-plaintiff actions. She defends against claims involving allegations of strict liability, negligence, failure-to-warn, and consumer protection act violations. Rebecca handles cases at the state, federal, and appellate court levels. She has also represented clients in commercial disputes, antitrust and trademark infringement litigation, and insurer bad faith defense matters.
Rebecca’s experience includes conducting depositions, leading settlement negotiations, representing clients at mediation, and drafting dispositive motions and pleadings.
In addition to her law practice, Rebecca serves the first responder community through the Wills for Heroes pro bono program. She was also appointed as amicus curiae counsel by the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit through the Appellate Litigation Clinic at Drexel University. Prior to joining the firm, Rebecca was an associate attorney at a Philadelphia law firm.
- New Jersey
- Drexel University School of Law, J.D., 2012, cum laude
- Ohio University, B.S., E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, 2006, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute