Sarah C. Trankiem represents product manufacturers and distributors in high-stakes litigation. She is experienced in managing complex state and federal coordinated proceedings involving pharmaceutical products, medical devices and other consumer products.
Sarah develops overall defense strategies and manages all aspects of pretrial litigation in products liability, unfair competition, false advertising, personal injury and other consumer product actions. She has served on both national coordinating counsel and local counsel teams.
She is a trusted, results-oriented advisor with the ability to develop and implement effective and efficient case management strategies from the outset to successful resolution.
- Defended foreign medical device manufacturer and American subsidiary distributor in consolidated product liability cases involving laparoscopic surgical instruments
- Defended medical device manufacturer in statewide coordinated product liability proceeding involving endoscopic devices
- Defended pharmaceutical product manufacturer in statewide coordinated product liability proceeding involving birth control patches
- Defended medical device distributor in statewide coordinated product liability proceeding involving pain pump devices
- Defended medical device manufacturer in federal multidistrict litigation and statewide coordinated product liability proceeding involving orthopedic implants
- Defended kitchen and bathroom products manufacturer in product liability cases involving toilets, faucets, and other household products
- Defended fluid control products manufacturer in product liability cases involving push-in fittings, valves, and other plumbing products
- Defended cosmetic products company and its insureds in personal injury actions
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D., 2004, Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal, Senior Editor
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 2001
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Defense Research Institute