Lisa D. Stern represents insurers in complex fraud and Ponzi scheme cases, including cases involving RICO claims, and has litigated on behalf of major insurers a wide variety of matters involving third-party garnishments, interpleader claims, interstate compacts, and other matters arising out of structured settlements, life insurance, and annuities. She assists her clients in litigation related to the full spectrum of issues that arise in connection with structured settlements and annuities, commercial contract disputes, and appellate matters.
Lisa regularly provides counseling to annuity issuers on a wide variety of matters, and has successfully litigated cases in both state and federal courts and before arbitration panels.
A few of Lisa’s reported decisions include:
- Matthews v. Liberty Assignment Corp., No. F071371, 2016 Cal. Appl. Lexis 356 (May 2, 2016) Cal. Ct. App.
- RSL Funding, LLC. v. Felicia Alford, 239 Cal. App. 4th 741 (Cal. Ct. App. 2015).
- Hoffarth v. Diversified Lending Group, Inc., No. Sac VII – 00326-R (R2X), 2011 U.S. Dist. Lexis 97370 (C. D. Cal. Aug. 30, 2011).
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1984, cum laude
- Bowdoin College, B.A., 1978, magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania