Eileen M. Somers represents major pharmaceutical and medical device companies in complex civil litigation, including mass tort and single-plaintiff actions. She defends against claims involving allegations of strict liability, negligence, failure-to-warn, and consumer protection act violations. Eileen handles cases at the state, federal, and appellate court levels.
Eileen experience extends across all stages of litigation including drafting pleadings and discovery, preparing witnesses for and conducting depositions, authoring dispositive and Daubert motions, and assisting in trials.
In addition to her law practice, Eileen also serves as an adjunct faculty member at the Kline School of Law at Drexel University helping to co-teach a bar preparation course to third year law students. Prior to law school, she served as a history teacher, coach, and dorm parent at Lawrence Academy in Groton, Massachusetts.
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New Jersey
- Drexel University School of Law, J.D., 2013, magna cum laude, Drexel Law Review
- Franklin & Marshall College, B.A., 2006, with honors
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Support Center for Child Advocates, Volunteer Attorney