John A. Simon represents clients in commercial litigation including real estate, construction , land use, commercial mortgage foreclosure, eminent domain, landlord tenant, easement and other real estate disputes. He has substantial appellate experience, including arguments in the Illinois and the U.S. Supreme Court and federal and state appellate courts around the country.
John has tried numerous jury and bench trials in federal and state court. A significant portion of his practice is focused on state and municipal governmental regulatory litigation, including environmental litigation and appellate review of agency decisions.
John began his law practice as an Illinois Assistant Attorney General in the general litigation division, where he represented state agencies and officers in state and federal courts and before administrative commissions.
John has more than 30 years of experience as a lawyer. Among his representative matters are:
- With other lawyers from the firm, John acted as national coordinating council and trial counsel for a medical device manufacturer in multistate, multidistrict product liability litigation involving more than 500 cases. All cases were resolved on terms favorable to his client.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 1985
- University of Santa Clara, B.S., 1982
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar
- Leadership Council of Heartland Alliances National Center for Immigrant Justice
- Chicago Bar Association