Kara J. Sharkey assists her clients in securities law compliance, financing transactions and a variety of other general corporate matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Kara worked as a corporate associate at a New York City-based law firm where she worked on securities offerings, private fund formation and financing transactions. During law school, she served as a judicial intern to the Hon. Michael M. Baylson, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Represents a publicly traded lifestyle merchandising retailer with respect to ongoing SEC reporting obligations.
- Represented the borrower in connection with a $40,000,000 senior secured revolving credit facility and $65,000,000 senior secured term loan facility.
- Represented private equity funds in connection with secondary purchase and transfer of limited partnership interests.
Pro Bono Outstanding Leadership Award, University of Pennsylvania Law School
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New York
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2013, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, University of Pennsylvania Law Review – Senior Editor
- Gettysburg College, B.A., 2008, summa cum laude