Vishal H. Shah assists life insurers on a wide range of legal issues, including material misrepresentations, policy lapses, fraud, stranger-originated life insurance transactions (STOLI), and the secondary market for life insurance. He also focuses on complex long-term care issues relating to premium rate increases, fraud, coverage disputes, and claims administration. In addition to insurance, Vishal also concentrates on litigation and regulatory issues relating to the financial services industry. Vishal has represented clients in appeals across the country. He routinely speaks at conferences on issues relevant to appellate practitioners. Vishal is an associate in the firm’s Insurance Group, focusing on both litigation, compliance, and appellate matters.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2013, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties Law Review
- Samford University, B.A., 2010, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania