Joseph L. Seiler III has practiced corporate and securities law for more than 35 years. He represents clients in public and private securities offerings and handles financings, mergers and acquisitions and restructurings and private equity matters. He has experience with both domestic and international corporate matters.
Joe also provides general corporate, LLC and securities law advice to clients on a regular basis, and has represented various corporations with respect to compliance with SEC regulations.
Joe serves as the firm’s general counsel.
Joe was a law clerk to the Hon. Max Rosenn of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Joe has represented a wide range of companies in securities offerings and financing matters. The clients he has represented include:
- The Navigators Group, Inc., Radian Group, Inc., Dynamic Materials Corporation, Lee Enterprises Incorporated, MetLife, Inc., New York Life Insurance Company, and The Allstate Corporation, in connection with private and public securities offerings, including medium term note and surplus note offerings.
- Offshore companies, including Associated Electric & Gas Insurance Services Limited, Alternative Re Holdings Limited, GMRC Holdings, Limited, DMRC Holdings Limited and Motor Mechanical Reinsurance Company Limited in connection with private securities offerings.
- Covance, Inc., Sombo Japan Canopius Reinsurance AG and other companies in the purchase or sales of notes to or by insurance and finance companies.
- Citrus and Allied Essences Ltd., Coverys, Inc., Dover Downs Gaming and Entertainment, Inc. Dover Motorsports, Inc., ProSight Specialties Management Company Inc. and other companies in connection various securities and corporate matters.
- Trilogy Essential Ingredients, Inc., Citrus and Allied Essences Ltd., Rug Doctor, LLC, The Navigators Group, Inc., Barclays Bank, HSBC Bank USA, N.A. and other institutions in connection with bank financings.
Joe’s merger and acquisition experience includes representing:
- Ironshore, Inc. in connection with U.S. aspects of its sale to Fosun.
- Spree Commerce, Inc. in connection with its sale to First Data.
- Florens Container, Inc. in connection with U.S. aspects of the sale of Florens Container Holdings Limited to China Shipping Container Lines Company Limited.
- The Bregal Fund L.P. in connection with U.S. aspects of its sale of Canopius Group Limited to Sompo Japan Insurance Inc.
- The Bregal Fund III L.P. in connection with the U.S. aspects of its purchase of certain shares of Canopius Group Limited from Tower Group Inc.
- Enstar Group Limited in connection with the acquisition of Torus Insurance Holdings Limited.
- Holtzbrinck Publishing Group on various U.S. aspects of the merger between the majority of Macmillan Science and Education with Springer Science+Business Media.
- Canopius Group Limited in connection with the sale of Canopius Holdings Bermuda Limited and the merger of Tower Group, Inc. with the Bermuda Company.
- RPX Corporation in connection with the proposed acquisition of Nortel Networks Inc. patent assets.
- A U.S. based insurer in connection with the restructuring of its foreign operations.
- A U.S. based insurance holding company in acquisitions in Europe, Latin America and Asia.
- Argonaut Group, Inc. in its merger with PXRE.
- IDACORP, INC. in its sale of shares of IDACOMM, INC. to American Fiber Systems, Inc. and shares of IDACORP Technologies, Inc. to Idatech UK Limited.
- RBC Capital Markets, as advisor to Whole Foods Market, Inc. in connection with its offer to purchase Wild Oats Markets, Inc.
- Bell & Clements (Bermuda) Limited in connection with its sale to Munich Re.
- New York
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif, University of Pennsylvania Law Review – Comment Editor
- Haverford College, B.A., with honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association, Business Law Section, Committee on Securities Regulation