Jennifer M. Roussil helps creditors maximize their recoveries in bankruptcies, litigation, and out-of-court negotiations. Jen’s practice is dedicated primarily to creditor rights, restructuring, and litigation matters. She has represented creditors in complex Chapter 9 and Chapter 11 cases. Jen is also experienced in business litigation, including litigation involving debt securities in default situations.
Jen is an active member of the Pro Bono Committee for Drinker Biddle’s Washington office.
Jen’s engagements include:
- Representation of the Indenture Trustee for more than $6 billion of Puerto Rico Government Development Bank Bonds.
- Representation of the Trustee for $1.4B Certificates of Participation in the City of Detroit chapter 9 proceeding and related litigation.
- Representation of unsecured bondholders of Caesars Entertainment Operating Company, Inc.
- Represented first lien bondholders/indenture trustee of Energy Future Intermediate Holding Company LLC.
- District of Columbia
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2012, Journal of Constitutional Law
- Fordham University, B.A., 2007, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)