Heath D. Rosenblat is an experienced litigator in state and federal courts around the country. He has been involved in numerous aspects of work-out and restructuring matters in connection with his representation of debtors, trustees/receivers, and creditors (secured/unsecured). He has represented various secured lenders in judicial and non-judicial foreclosures, state-court receiverships, and Chapter 11 proceedings, during which he dealt with, among other issues, DIP financing and cash collateral disputes.
Heath has also acted as debtor’s counsel to various companies, including a destination club, failed hedge fund, and failed merchant bank. Additionally, he has represented receivers/trustees appointed in various SEC enforcement actions and indenture/institutional trustees in trust-preferred securities insolvency proceedings.
Heath is an adjunct professor in St. John’s University School of Law bankruptcy LL.M. program, teaching a bankruptcy litigation course. He has also been published in the American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, Secured Lender, New York Law Journal, BNA’s Bankruptcy Law Reporter, and Securities Regulation & Law Report.
- Represent various holders in the Caesars bond litigation.
- Represent Indenture Trustees in various Chapter 11 and state court proceedings concerning trust-preferred securities and other litigation issues.
- Represented the Contract Administrator for $1.4 billion Certificates of Participation in the City of Detroit, Michigan Chapter 9 proceeding and related litigation.
- Represented WestLB AG, New York Branch, as secured lender in In re 5th Avenue Partners LLC, Case No. 8:10-bk-18667(ES) (United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California).
- Represented General Electric in In re Madison 92nd Street Associates, LLC, Case No. 11 13917 (SMB) (United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York).
- Represented WestLB AG, New York Branch, as secured lender in In re SRR Partners LLC, Case No. 10-33053 (JTM) (United States Bankruptcy Court District of Utah -- Central Division).
- Represented Capital One, National Association in Capital One, National Association, v. Carroll Gardens Management LLC, et al., Index No. 7952/2011 (Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of Kings) and the related chapter 11 matter In re Carroll Gardens Management LLC, Case No. 11-47286 (United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York).
- In re Madison 92nd Street Associates LLC, 472 B.R. 189 (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. 2012).
- In re Interbank Funding Corp., (Case No.02-41590(BRL); Adv. Pro. No. 07-1482 (BRL)), 2007 WL 2080512 (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. July 19, 2007).
- In re InterBank Funding Corp., 310 B.R. 238 (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. 2004).
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New York
- St. John's University School of Law, LL.M., Bankruptcy, 2002
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Rochester College of Arts & Science, B.A., 1995
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- UJA Federation of New York