Ralph Rodak represents developers, investors and lenders in real estate-related matters, with primary emphasis on transactional work such as sales and acquisitions, leases, financings and joint ventures.
He counsels individuals, real estate companies and institutions in their real estate investment activities, ranging from the sale or purchase of individual properties to multi-state portfolios. Ralph devotes a substantial portion of his practice to the structuring of joint ventures and the resolution of issues arising as the joint venture partners respond to unanticipated market conditions.
Ralph has significant experience with leasing of commercial real estate, representing both landlords and tenants in leasing transactions across the country. As in the other areas of his practice, his breadth of experience in representing different interests in leasing transactions allows him to focus on practical solutions to conclude negotiations in a timely and cost effective manner.
Ralph represents both lenders and borrowers in new loan originations and the resolution of problem loans. His experience in working through the problems of past real estate downturns and representing both lenders and borrowers allows him to bring a practical perspective to the resolution of challenges faced by his clients today.
Ralph represents a broad mix of developers in their development activities, including developers of residential, retail, office and industrial projects. Working with colleagues in the firm’s environmental and insurance groups, Ralph regularly assists clients in managing environmental risk and implementing “green” strategies.
Ralph’s representative matters include:
- Counsel to national developer for joint ventures with multiple institutional investors for the development of office, industrial and multifamily projects throughout the United States.
- Counsel to Fortune 50 company in the leasing of retail, office and call center space throughout the United States.
- Counsel to private investor for investment in joint ventures with multiple operating partners for the acquisition and repositioning of multifamily and mixed use projects throughout the eastern United States.
- Representation of the tenant in the negotiation of a 211,500 square foot build-to-suit office lease in the Denver, Colorado area and a 80,000 square foot build-to-suit call center lease in Vancouver, Washington.
- Representation of the developer in the acquisition of property in Cecil County, Maryland for development of a 1,000,0000 square foot industrial building and the concurrent negotiation of a joint venture agreement with a Japan-based institutional investor to provide the required equity investment.
- Representation of a retail investor in the modification and increase in existing mortgage debt to finance the renovation of a shopping center in connection with the long term renewal of the lease for an anchor tenant.
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
Ralph Rodak acts on behalf of lenders, developers and investors in an array of real-estate transactions including joint ventures and acquisitions. According to commentators, ‘he is personable, responsive and his work ethic is beyond parallel.’Chambers USA
Real Estate, Pennsylvania (2012 – 2016)Chambers USA
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1979
- Rutgers University, B.A., 1976